[smesh-users] Trouble with Smesh
Juan - k
wakko_86 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 16 19:27:07 EDT 2009
I'm from Ecuador, and I would like to start my Thesis writting about VoWiFi, and I found Smesh a great solution to handoffs issues experimented in this area. So I decieded to try it :D
I don't have much experience on Firmware and Systems installations, I think I would need some help installing the Smesh System. I would really thank any help since I'm really interested in doing research on this system.
Let me tell you what I got
2 Linksys WRT54G-TM
1 Linkssy WRT54GS
1 PBX running (VoWiFi works fine with Meraki Outdoor routers)
Tell you what I did and couldn't:
- I successfully installed the RC5 WhiteRussian on each router. I also installed each .ipkg successfully
- I couldn't run the smesh.wrt.setup file, but I did copy&paste each line and the router configs were successfully changed (ipaddrs: 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3, 10.0.0.4, ssid did change)
- I couldn't do the 4th step (create an RSA key). I'm still working on that. When I promtp "/jffs/autocopy.sh /jffs/autocopy.sh" It says "dbclient: exited: string too long" after I created a pub and priv key with asterisk. (how do I make .priv and .pub files with dropbear? it just creates a file somewhere but no .pub or .priv).
- I can ssh between routers, but I must enter the password to enter.
- I connected 1 node to a lan (192.168.5.0). The others are just connected to power.
- I did "./runSmesh". The promtp would wait a few seconds and then show a new line promtp (nothing printed on the screen). I also noticed that there's a "spines.snapshot" but it contains the following information:
Computing routing time: 0
10.0.0.4 LOCAL NODE
So I guess it's not reaching other nodes. I did this only to the gateway node. Later I tried doing it on every node, but the result would be the same.
- I tried to connect a PC to the WMN. It connects successfully to it, but it gave me the IP:10.145.146.89 (which is not a valid IP). The LAN DHCP server on the router is disabled.
What could be wrong? I guess it could be the fourth step. Can anyone help me here please :D? I'm really interested in testing this cool system. I tried
Thanks in advance
Juan Carlos Basurto
Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the smesh-users